Monday 10 March 2014

Multipurpose Make Up: Lip Balm

For those of you who don't know, my name is Lauren Hill and I love lip balm. While many of us rely on lip balm to keep our lips looking and feeling their best, or to combat and sooth sore, cracked lips, lip balm is also a multipurpose beauty product with uses that go beyond our lips. Today, I want to share three other uses for one of my favorite beauty products.



(1) Add color to your cheeks - Experts say that make up looks more natural if the lips and cheeks match, so, whether you forgot your blush, you're trying to de-clutter your make up bag, or you are trying to achieve a more natural look, try using a tinted lip balm in lieu of blush. Apply the tinted lip balm to your cheeks by dabbing it onto your cheek bones either directly from the applicator or using your finger, and then rubbing it into the apples of your cheeks using your finger. This is actually something I initially started using during flights - not only did I want to limit the amount of make up in my carry on bag, but I also knew my skin would thank me for the extra moisture the lip balm provided during a long flight. 

(2) Soften your cuticles - Next time you notice your cuticles looking cracked and dry use your favorite hydrating lip balm in lieu of a cuticle softener to hydrate and repair them. Simply apply a small amount of lip balm to your cuticles and massage gently using your fingers. 

(3) Tame your brows - Instead of carrying a brow gel in your make up bag, or instead of buying a brow gel at all, next time you need to tame your brows simply use your finger to smooth them with a little bit of lip balm. 

How else do you use your lip balm?

XOXO
LAUREN




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com